Our 2023 Year in Review

Another year of travel has come to an end and what and eventful 2023 we had! Six camping trips which included 4 Ohio State Parks and 2 National Parks and one big adventure to 2 Canada National Parks. This year we were blessed to be able to spend just about every trip with both of our parents. We made so many memories. Here is our 2023 Year in Review!

April was our first camping trip of the year to Geneva State Park. We camped over Easter weekend to visit with some of my mom’s side of the family. It was a cold weekend, but we made some fun memories. I loved getting to hang out with my parents at the beautiful lodge they stayed in, shopping with my aunt, uncle, and cousins at Geneva-on-the-Lake, and discovering the Lake Metroparks trails with Evan and Bear. 

“Geneva-on-the-Lake” Sign 

Sunset at the Geneva Cabins

Bear enjoying a hike with us in the Lake Metroparks

June we took the camper down to New River Gorge National Park, West Virginia. We camped in Babcock State Park and Evan’s parents rented a cabin. We had our first white water rafting experience on New River and I got to indulge my civil engineer side by doing the catwalk tour across the New River Gorge bridge!

Glade Creek Grist Mill at Babcock State Park

Sandstone Falls at New River Gorge National Park

View from the New River Gorge Bridge catwalk

July brought two camping trips with Indian Lake State Park over the fourth of July and Hocking Hills State Park at the end of July. We had our first jet ski experience on Indian Lake and Hocking Hills we got to do some family hikes and enjoy the pools at the brand new lodge!

A bike ride to the beach at Indian Lake State Park

August we left the camper behind and flew to Canada where we explored Banff National Park and Jasper National Park in Alberta. This trip was extra special as we celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary on our first day there. We saw so much in just one week there. We hiked to our first mountain summit in Canmore and I enjoyed my first ski lift ride up Mount Norquay. We even did some whitewater rafting while we were there too!

Our anniversary selfie by Lake Louise in Banff National Park 

Ha Ling Peak in Canmore

September was an extra special trip to Acadia National Park, Maine with both of our parents. Maine was a bucket list location for both of our mothers and it was so fun to get to show them the beautiful New England coast. We camped at Bass Harbor Campground with Evan’s parents and my parents stayed in Bar Harbor. It was a week filled with good food, shopping, hiking, and family time. 

Sand Beach at Acadia National Park

The day we got back from Acadia we had one day of recoup before we hopped back in the car and took a spontaneous trip to Nashville. (Check out my previous blog post One Fun Filled Day in Nashville for more.) 

“What Lifts You” Mural 

October was the end of our travel adventures with Halloween camping at Alum Creek State Park. Halloween is my favorite and I loved all the decorated campsites and costumes during trick or treat.

Passing out candy during the Halloween festivities 

We had a busy, but fun 2023 and I have more blog posts to come for these adventures. I’m thankful for all the fun we had and the memories we made with our families. Looking forward to the new adventures 2024 will bring! Happy New Year!


Comments

  1. What a great year! Wishing you a 2024 that’s full of adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for New River Gorge! :] I lived for a couple years in WV so that park has a special spot in my heart. Banff and Acadia are both on my bucket list so I'm definitely hoping I'll be able to go there someday! Wishing you a fun/adventure-filled 2024 as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I plan to share more on our Banff and Acadia experiences soon! Hopefully you will come back and check them out!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful year of travel, hope you enjoy your adventures in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a blast! We love camping during Halloweens too!!! ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think!

Popular Posts